Admission & Enrollment
You’ll receive your official admission decision letter via email. Please read this email carefully as it asks you to confirm your enrollment at Georgetown Summer Sessions. By confirming your enrollment, you are letting us know that you plan to register and attend Georgetown Summer Sessions; if you do not confirm your enrollment, you will not have access to register for your courses. To complete this step, click on the link that asks you to let us know whether you will be attending Georgetown Summer Sessions. Please note that this form will take 2–3 business days to process. Once it has been processed, you will have full access to register online with your NetID and password.
NetID & Password
One day after you receive your admission email, you will receive an email with your electronic credentials for accessing the online registration system, MyAccess. Your NetID, temporary password, and GUID are also stored in your application account under the "Post-Submission Updates" section. After receiving your credentials, visit the Georgetown University Password Station and follow the instructions to set a permanent password.
Course Registration Process
- Register online using MyAccess.
- Click on "My Access" under the Students section.
- Log in using your NetID and password.
- Under the Student Services tab, select “Registration.”
- Click “Select Term.”
- Using the drop-down box, select “Summer 2017” and hit “Submit.”
- Enter the course reference number (CRN) into one of the boxes and hit "Submit." Note: The CRN is the five-digit number next to the course title on the schedule of classes. You may enter multiple CRNs at a time or you may enter them one at a time. You can obtain the summer schedule of classes by visiting the University Registrar.
- If there is space available in the course(s) you have submitted, you will be registered. If there is no more space available or if there is any kind of restriction on the course that would prevent you from registering, you will receive an error message and will not be registered.
- If you do not know what course(s) you want to take, you may also view all available course offerings by selecting “Search Classes”. This brings you to the online schedule of classes for review. Note: You will need to return to the registration page and enter the CRN to register for a class.
If you receive an error message when trying to log in and register for courses, this could be because your Enrollment Response Form has not yet been fully processed. Please allow two to three additional business days for this process to be completed. If you continue to encounter trouble registering after two to three business days, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Once you have successfully registered for your courses, you can view your schedule, view your bill, and make tuition payments via MyAccess.
Additional Registration Information for Visiting Students
If you are an undergraduate enrolled at other institutions please obtain approval from your dean to ensure that courses taken at Georgetown will fit into your program and that the credits will be transferable.
See Synopsis of Important Dates for an overview of registration deadlines.