Registration for summer 2023 courses will open on Monday, February 6, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. ET
NetID & Password:
After you submit your enrollment form, you will receive an enrollment letter via email that will contain your electronic credentials for accessing the online registration system, MyAccess. After receiving your credentials, visit the Georgetown's NetID Password Management System and follow the instructions to set a permanent password.
Course Registration Process:
- Log into MyAccess. Please Note: Your temporary password will expire in 7 days. Please change it to a permanent password as soon as possible via Georgetown's NetID Password Management System.
- Navigate to the Students tab and scroll down to the Students - Registration header and select the Register for Classes icon.
- You will be prompted to select a term, choose the available Summer Term in the dropdown menu.
- There are multiple options for method of registration.
- Once you’ve entered your Search Criteria, select Submit at the bottom of the page to view sections that fit your search criteria.
- From the class list you can select the class you would like to add to your Registration Cart.
- Note that class in the summary view is pending. You will have to Submit to officially register and add the section to your schedule. Error messages will appear with an explanation of why the course was unable to be added.
Additional Registration Information for Visiting Students:
- If you are an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at another institution please obtain approval from your home institution to ensure that courses taken at Georgetown will fit into your program and that the credits will be transferable.
- If you are a visiting student interested in registering for a course with a prerequisite requirement, email, firstname.lastname@example.org, a copy of your unofficial transcript showing that you have successfully completed the required prerequisite. Be sure to include your name, GUID, desired course, and prerequisite course. Summer Sessions will review your request and if approved, an override will be processed so that you will have access to register for your desired course.
- If you are a visiting student you will have access to the Summer waitlist. The waitlist will run each weekday after 4 p.m. during registration (excluding holidays). Winners will receive an email from the University Registrar with instructions to claim their seat through MyAccess within 23 hours. After 23 hours, non-responsive students will lose their seats and will forfeit that seat to the next student on the waitlist. The waitlist will stop three days before the last day to add/drop for each session Please review the academic calendar to review the last day of add/drop for each session. For more information, see the waitlist instructions. Please note, at this time the waitlist is not available to new incoming students.
- Having trouble registering? View the Georgetown University Registrar’s how-to-video on registration.
- Once you have successfully registered for your courses, you can view your schedule, view your bill, and make tuition payments via MyAccess.
- A late registration fee will be assessed to anyone who initiates registration on or after the first day of class in a given session.
- Students registering after the tuition payment deadlines may be subject to additional fees.