Tuition for Summer 2023*
|Undergraduate (Georgetown undergraduate students and visiting undergraduate students)||$1,910 per credit|
|Graduate (Georgetown graduate students and visiting graduate students)||$2,358 per credit|
*subject to change
Fees for Summer 2023*
|Returned Check Fee||$80.00|
|Late Registration Fee||$100.00|
*subject to change
- Tuition Policies
- All tuition and fees are due by the due date listed on your student account. Review payment deadlines here.
- Students' accounts are subject to assessment of a monthly service charge of 1.50% of the outstanding balance, if not paid in full by the payment due date.
- A Late Registration Fee will be assessed to anyone who initiates registration on or after the first day of classes in a given session.
- Any student who registers for a class via MyAccess, Add-Drop form, or other special permission, and stops attending or never attends class without making arrangements to drop the course or withdraw from the course will still be responsible for the course’s tuition and fees. Any student who needs help changing his or her registration should contact the Summer Sessions office immediately. Please see the tuition refund schedule for the percentage refund owed on and after specific dates in each session.
- Credit and debit card payments are only accepted online via MyAccess and every credit/debit card payment will incur a convenience fee of 2.85% of the transaction amount (minimum of $3.00). Georgetown longer accepts credit or debit card payments by mail, in person, or via fax for student account payments. Credit and debit card payments are not processed by Georgetown. PayPath, a secure third-party payment service, processes online credit and debit card payments for tuition and other student account charges on behalf of Georgetown. The non-refundable convenience fee will be assessed by PayPath and will appear as a separate charge on your credit card statement. ECheck payments are accepted from checking and savings accounts submitted online via Student Account Services (accessible via MyAccess). For more information, please contact Revenue and Receivables.
- Students will not be assessed any tuition and fees until early April. After early April, students will be assessed tuition and fees twenty-four hours after they have registered. You can view your Summer Sessions bill and account activity online through Student Account Services (accessible via MyAccess). New billing statements will be generated and posted online every two weeks for any account not paid in full. Notifications of new billing statements are sent to your Georgetown email address as well as any email address you authorize via Student Account Services.
- Students whose Summer Sessions bills are being paid in whole or in part by a non-Georgetown University scholarship must submit the scholarship award notice directly to the Revenue and Receivables as payment with their bill. (Procedures are subject to change.) Tuition is determined by the academic level of the course and not by the academic level of the student.
- Auditors pay full tuition per credit.
- A student who leaves Georgetown, for any reason, with an outstanding balance should immediately contact the Revenue and Receivables to arrange for payment of the balance. Failure to contact this office will necessitate the forwarding of the account to a credit bureau and a collection agency. In this event, the former student will be responsible for payment of any fees or expenses incurred by Georgetown in the collection of the outstanding balance.
- Summer Sessions students who have an outstanding balance as of the first day of the session in which they are registered will need to make payment in full by the close of business (5:00 p.m. ET) of the add/drop deadline and be in communication with the Summer Sessions Office. Students will receive communication via their Georgetown University e-mail address and their personal e-mail (if available) reminding them of this policy on the second day of class for the session in which they are enrolled. Failure to make payment and/or communicate with the Summer Sessions Office by the close of business on the add/drop deadline will result in the student being dropped from any registered courses for the enrolled session.
- Tuition Refunds
- Tuition is 100% refundable only when the student drops a course during the designated add/drop period in each session. After that period, students will receive a percentage refund of the tuition only, depending on when the student submits a withdrawal request via MyAccess. Any fees associated with a course will not be refunded after the designated Add/drop period.
- Any refund will be computed according to the Summer Sessions Academic Calendar & Refund Schedule. This schedule does not apply to Study Abroad Programs, and these dates are subject to change.
- Tuition and fees for tutorial courses are not refundable.
- Georgetown students participating in the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area during the summer will receive refunds of tuition under the same policy and according to the same scale as above.
- See Revenue and Receivables for more information on tuition refunds.
- See Add/Drop section of the Academic Policies page for more information.
- Tuition Scholarships
- Students seeking information about scholarships and other financial assistance for summer study should visit Office of Student Financial Services.
- Visiting students who are not attending via the Consortium or the Honors Institute can apply for a Partial Tuition Scholarship.
- Students who enroll at least half-time in the Summer Sessions and who have not already borrowed the maximum loan amounts during the preceding academic year may be eligible to borrow more to meet Summer Sessions costs.
- Georgetown degree candidates can apply for loans through the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Students must apply for loans through their home institutions; Georgetown will work with the home institution to certify enrollment and need for assistance for the summer term.
Please Note: The tuition and fees listed below are not applicable for School of Continuing Studies (SCS) students enrolled in SCS Degree Programs. Review SCS tuition rates here.