If you are a newly admitted student who will begin a degree program at Georgetown in the fall, you do not need to apply to the Georgetown Summer Sessions. Please follow the instructions below to submit your request to take a summer course.
If there are no questions or issues about your request, you will receive a confirmation from Georgetown Summer Sessions with your course schedule and other important information about your summer at Georgetown. If you have any questions about the course request form or Summer Sessions in general, please contact Georgetown Summer Sessions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 687-3687.
- Complete the New Incoming First Year and Transfer Students Summer Sessions Request Form.
- Register online using MyAccess.
- Click on "My Access" under the Students section.
- Log in using your NetID and password.
- Under the Student Services tab, select “Registration.”
- Click “Select Term.”
- Using the drop-down box, select “Summer 2017” and hit “Submit.”
- Enter the course reference number (CRN) into one of the boxes and hit "Submit." Note: The CRN is the five-digit number next to the course title on the schedule of classes. You may enter multiple CRNs at a time or you may enter them one at a time. You can obtain the summer schedule of classes by visiting the University Registrar.
- If there is space available in the course(s) you have submitted, you will be registered. If there is no more space available or if there is any kind of restriction on the course that would prevent you from registering, you will receive an error message and will not be registered.
- If you do not know what course(s) you want to take, you may also view all available course offerings by selecting “Search Classes”. This brings you to the online schedule of classes for review. Note: You will need to return to the registration page and enter the CRN to register for a class.
- Once you are registered, you will receive an email confirmation with your course schedule and other important information from Georgetown Summer Sessions.
- You will be able to make changes to your schedule through the end of the add/drop period by completing an Add/Drop form obtained from your dean’s office and signed by your dean.
Withdrawing from Courses:
You may withdraw from a course after the add/drop period ends; however, you will receive a “W” for the withdrawal on your official transcript. Please note: after the add/drop period ends, you are no longer eligible for a 100% tuition refund if you withdraw from a course. Please see the Tuition and Fees page for more information. To withdraw from a course, you must complete an add/drop form obtained from your dean’s office and signed by your dean.
See Synopsis of Important Dates for an overview of registration deadlines.